Sunday, October 23, 2011

RIGHT OF REPLY - WESONGA TAKES GREAT EXCEPTION OF MWALIMU'S CLAIMS

I am an innocent student writing this in reply to Mwalimu Andrew with regard to the claims he has repeatedly made against me in the Sunday Nation. Most of the allegations are outrageos, to say the least. In fact if I had money, this is a matter over which I would have filed a legal suit. If he were not my friend, his claims would have amounted to hate speech.
I have been imagining that Mwalimu Andrew is capable of displaying some acceptable level of decency. I have given him that benefit of the doubt even though I know it is never beyond him to execute a smear campaign against me to devastating effect. He has now gone to a degree of claiming that I don’t buy toilet paper. Worse, he described an impossible means by which I get past that obstacle.
One might betempted to think that he did this deliberately. He did so because he simply does not have resources within his personality to deal with his weaknesses. What Mwalimu does not know is that making other people look bad only enhances his own weaknesses.
I almost believed that Mwalimu Andrew has finally decided to do something useful with his life when he decided to advance his education in KU. Unfortunately, if there is anything KU has done to Mwalimu, is to give him a big head. He now mistakenly thinks he has the intellectual resources to manipulate facts to the disadvantage of other people. Were you to tell Mwalimu to list all the good things he knows about himself, he will not reach double digits. Yet he now sees fit to embarrass me.
With abundant reluctance, I would like to state that I now know the reason why Mwalimu Andrew’s life has become synonymous with trouble. As soon as he starts doing something sensible, he suddenly becomes himself: conservative, naïve and sadly, a man of cheap retrogressive ideas who can’t fully comprehend a matterof any complexity.
I would like to acknowledge the truth in some of the things Mwalimu wrote. It is indeed true that we were both broke when we arrived at KU for the current session. What he did not say is that he never has money. As he has repeatedly said himself, we do not know how rich he is but we are sure of how poor he is. This explains why for three consecutive sessions in KU, he has successfully encouraged me to pirate in other people’s rooms like him.
Living with Mwalimu is a complicated affair. Things are better here right now because the state of his pocket has condemned him to bananas. Last session it was difficult because he could afford sukuma wiki on a regular basis. He was free to convert himself into a rabbit if he wanted. The problem was he kept sukuma wiki for so long, almost with the intention of turning it into manure before cooking.
I also find it necessary to comment on Mwalimu’s dressing. I would consider him a man of talent if he dressed in his green suits with a singular objective of amusing people. On the contrary, he dresses that way with the intention of looking good. The ladies he says he impresses in fact only follow him because of his peculiar attire. They find it quite adventurous to be in the company of a man who unknowingly cuts such a comical figure. These ladies have eventually turned him into an absurdity. He is now under the imagination that he is a ladies’-man. Indeed, his relations with the female species has only led him to a lot of trouble – most of which I do not want to reveal here.
I would like to end by issuing a disclaimer. I have made the comments above in absolute good faith. Any negative portrayal of Mwalimu is therefore regretted and beyond my original intention. He is a good friend of mine. That is not to say that he can improve on a few aspects of his life. Starting with his dressing!
Regards,
wesongarobert@yahoo.com

1 comment:

  1. "that is not to say that he can improve..." exactly means that he cannot improve, right?

    ReplyDelete